Sometimes… you wish you could live in a fantasy world.
Like, if you said you never once wished to go to Camp Half-blood, then I’d arrive at either one of two conclusions – 1) You’re a demigod AND HIDING IT FROM ALL OF US (which is just #rude) or 2) YOU AREN’T HUMAN.
See? How easily just one simple, seemingly unimportant question can BASICALLY UNCOVER ALL OF YOUR DEEPEST, DARKEST SECRETS!
But anyway, coming back to the point – living in a fantasy world. All of us (DON’T YOU DARE TRY TO DENY IT, OLIVE OVER THERE, I SEE YOU) dream of this every. single. day. Except when we’re reading obviously, because THEN WE CAN IMAGINE WE’RE REALLY IN A FANTASY, until we need to stop reading (which is sad). SO BOOKS BASICALLY BETRAY US BY MAKING US BELIEVE LIES. But that is the good kind of betrayal and so we remain forever loyal to books. (and HEY maybe its not actually ‘LIES’, right? WE CAN HOPE).
And so, I BRING TO YOU AN ANNOUNCEMENT (and a secret too, so you must not tell anyone). It is that…. it is….. I AM LEAVING BLOGGING.
KIDDING! I am just going on a short hiatus for 73647229 months which will end in – OKAY, I’LL STOP (mostly because i do not want to do the math but OKAY). So, the REAL announcement is – WE HAVE REACHED A 100 FOLLOWERS HERE ON DIPPED IN INK! WHICH IS BASICALLY VERY WILD AND CRAZY AND DREAM-LIKE SO ALL THE TALK ABOUT FANTASY BECAUSE I THINK I MIGHT BE IN ONE???!! WHICH IS VERY SURREAL AND HUGE AND I – THANK YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH, I AM INSANELY GRATEFUL TO ALL OF YOU AND GIVE YOU ALL THE CHOCOLATES ?
Thank you so much for all the comments and olives and READING THESE MESSES THAT I LIKE TO CALL POSTS and also LIKE, READING?? THIS?? BLOG???!!! Which?? Is?? I DO NOT KNOW WHAT???
Blogging has been like THE BEST THING IN MY ENTIRE LIFE for the past couple of months since we started this blog, AND I AM SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL for a place where i can scream as much as is humanly possible (BUT MORE BECAUSE AS ALREADY ESTABLISHED, I AM OLIVE AND OLIVES HAVE MORE SCREAMING CAPACITY THAN NORMAL HUMANS) and all the friends I’ve made to scream with and for each and every single comment, IT ALL MAKES ME SO SO HAPPY! I THANK YOU ALL! I THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
And so, to celebrate, we are doing……. *dromroll please* ………. a Q&A post! (HA, SO ORIGINAL) (i apologize, i have recently VERY MUCH run out of creativity. i blame school) which, if you do not know (IN WHICH CASE, HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK, DEAR OLIVE OF MINE?) you leave me some questions about literally anything in the world (such as – WHY I CALL MYSELF AN OLIVE, because i have started to wonder why nobody ever got curious about that?) and i answer them! YOU CAN LEAVE THEM IN THE COMMENTS and once again, I THANK YOU ALL!
NOW, since I am kind of VERY MUCH allergic to short posts (what?? is?? wrong?? with me??) we shall also look at some updates from… my life!
THE READING UPDATES
- I AM OFFICIALLY ON TRACK ON MY GOODREADS READING GOAL (even though getting there may or may not have involved me staying up half the night and having a very close encounter of me falling asleep with the book on my face, because the daytime is too busy okay) AND I AM HAPPY. Not like i was starting to worry about it or anything BUT I’M HAPPY.
- I ALSO FINISHED THE RAVEN BOYS LAST NIGHT and HA-HAHAHAHAHAHAH. THAT ENDING did not completely make sense, and i am planning on re-reading it because I NEED MORE GANSEY. i am absolutely in love with maggie stiefvater’s writing – GORGEOUS DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT AND I SHALL GLADLY DROWN IN ITS BEAUTY FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY. THERE ISN’T ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD LIKE IT, I TELL YOU. so stop wasting your life AND GO READ IT
- I’m planning to write a review on it that shall be posted… sometime next week. or the week after that….? I AM AN OLIVE AND OLIVES ARE BUSY CREATURES OKAY
- I read the 3rd season of My Deepest Secret and gahahahahhaha – IT MADE ME QUESTION ALL OF MY LIFE DECISIONS. namely – being a bookworm. There are some stories that just make you seriously consider giving up reading as a hobby not because they are that terrible (this webseries is a work of genius and I will battle you if you say otherwise. KIDDING. i respect freedom of opinion) but because the pain they cause EXCEEDS anything real life has ever done to you. And that is precisely what this book did. All of the characters are so amazing and I love them so much and then having all of that sad, sad back story just dumped onto the reader, IT WAS CRUEL OKAY. They deserved so much better, even though it might not have been realistic but THEY DESPERATELY DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER. And then the ending was so bittersweet and I hate bittersweet endings. Either make me laugh or break my heart DO NOT leave me hanging over here making me feel so miserable IT IS RUDE OKAY. I am sad.
THE BLOGGING UPDATES
- SO…. i made a new year resolution to post AT LEAST twice a week. AND WELL sometimes i wonder what kind of genius with superhuman powers I am because HOW??? DO?? I?? MANAGE??? TO BREAK??? GOALS??? SO EASILY??? IT HASN’T EVEN BEEN HALF A MONTH AND I ALREADY FAILED???? That has to be some kind of world record i just set.
- but i swear i shall try to do better today onwards
- I even have a schedule that i HOPE to follow. It currently goes something like this:
– Saturdays: Discussions/Recommendations/Updates/Other random stuff
– Tuesdays: Reviews/Tags/Wrap-Ups
SO LET’S ALL HOPE TOGETHER
- in other news, I COMPLETED REDECORATING MY BLOG. I am still working on the home page and wondering whether i should use it for the home screen or an ‘about the blog’ page because i am HIGHLY indecisive and also planning out some other pages to add because everyone LOVES an overload of pages am i right? BUT YES, THE REDECORATING IS MOSTLY COMPLETE.
- also, i’m so sorry i’m really, really late to replying to comments and such, and i have been really slacking and haven’t been doing much blog hopping either, I APOLOGIZE AND SWEAR TO TRY TO DO BETTER
THE WATCHING UPDATES
- Forgive my naming choices, I DO NOT HAVE CREATIVITY LEFT I APOLOGIZE
- I’m currently watching The Huntsman: Winter’s War and AHHHH IT’S SO GOOD, LIKE VILLAINS THAT ARE ACTUALLY EVIL BUT I STILL COMPLETELY LOVE???? ALSO THERE’S SO MUCH EVIL *dies because excitement* and i’m loving the characters and everything’s just so amazing??? My sister says I’m obsessed with tragic romance stories BUT HEY IT’S NOT MY FAULT IF THAT’S WHAT EVERY VILLAIN ORIGIN STORY EVER IS OKAY. And it gives off MAJOR Fairest vibes and makes me want to re-read it, BUT NOT YET ANOUSHKA. NOT YET.
- My sister basically bribed me into watching the PJO movies with her, and me being the smol innocent little olive, I FELL INTO HER EVIL TRAPS. AND DID I EVER SAY CURSED CHILD WAS BAD???? Because hahahahahaha people sure weren’t lying about the PJO movies being TERRIBLE. They basically changed all the characters and Percy is like a terribly done version of Harry??? AND HE ISN’T PERCY ANYMORE AND PERCY WAS THE BEST PART OF THE BOOK SO THAT WAS CRUEL. And Annabeth doesn’t even have a personality?? AND WEREN’T THEY SUPOSSED TO BE T-W-E-L-V-E???????
- But 100/10 recommed for hilarity purposes I LAUGHED SO HARD AT PARTS
THE LIFE UPDATES
- i have nothing much to report because the other three sections covered everything (what can i say? stories basically make up my entire life AND I LOVE IT THAT WAY)
- but… i’ve been writing. a little. like some random pieces of dialogues that do not even really fit in anywhere?? HAHA – YES, WE TRY TO IMAGINE WE’RE PRODUCTIVE HERE EVEN WHEN WE’RE NOT REALLY BECAUSE LIFE’S JUST HAPPIER LIKE THAT
- i also discovered that i have an eternal hatred of social science AND I WISH TO MURDER GEOGRAPHY TEXTBOOKS which has now become my new purpose in life
- school started… half a month ago (*gasp* i hadn’t realized it’d been THAT long??!) and it’s shifted to online again WHICH I AM VERY HAPPY ABOUT. and well i have exams coming up in… two days. which is precisely the reason i’m here, BECAUSE I LOVE WASTING TIME THAT I SHOULD BE USING TO STUDY
- but now that you mention it, I SHOULD GO DO THAT
and THAT, fellow olive, is how i manage to turn a smol announcement post into a 1000+ words long mini-novella. YES, I’M AMAZING AND ACCEPT ALL OF YOUR THANK YOU’S FOR ALL THE SECRETS I REVEALED. So, until the next post… CHOCOLATE ANYONE?
*throws chocolates into cheering crowd*
Any questions about me, the olive that you would like me to answer?? WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING??? Favorite movies/ TV shows?? What was your first read of 2022?? HOW IS THE NEW YEAR TREATING YOU SO FAR?? Also, DID SCHOOL/WORK START FOR YOU?? AND ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT THAT TOO??