The person writing this post is currently a melted ice candy due to the unbearable heat and the air conditioner that isn’t working.
And I can tell you that being a melted ice candy isn’t the best thing in the world. You can’t do anything like:
- or anything else for that matter
You don’t even exist. So how am I writing this post? Well, I am not. My spirit that hasn’t been turned into an ice candy – and is still alive – is. So proceed with caution because human spirits are known to have a bit of a nasty nature (or are they?)
Jenna’s spirit: Hello from the spirit of Jenna! I hope you all are doing great! As my mistress has already explained, I will be writing this post because she’s um – an ice candy, but she says hi.
Jenna’s spirit: So, um, yeah. I’m supossed to tell you about some certain changes – aghhhhh!
Jenna: I’ve been successfully frozen back to my human state, wonderful spirit of mine, so you can go back now. I’ll take over from here
Jenna’s spirit: But – I was enjoying that-
Jenna: Umm, go back?
Jenna’s spirit: No?
Jenna’s spirit: I. AM. STAYING.
Jenna: NO. YOU’RE. NOT.
Jenna’s spirit: Quit before it gets bloody, because you don’t want a battle.
Jenna: [*whispers* didn’t I warn you about the known-to-be-nasty bit? This is what I was talking about] Are you sure about that?
Jenna’s spirit: What do you mean by that, foolish mistress of mine?
Jenna: You can’t weild a weapon
Jenna’s spirit: O – Of course I can! [*whispers* I can’t]
Jenna: Well, get a weapon then. I’m itching for a fight anyway
Jenna’s spirit: *screams and runs away*
Jenna: There we go. Now, where was I? Oh, right, read on –
All the time that I haven’t been a melted ice candy waiting to be frozen back to my human state, I’ve been working on updating my site. And making it better. And, um, more readable. I’ve been working on graphics and content and other stuff. And I’ve arrived at the final result. This site that you now see before you. Nothing great, I know, but there’s points for effort. Anyway, so now what we’re going to do is this – forget my old posts ever existed (I’ve already made all of them private), forget my terrible graphics (umm, they’re still terrible…) and a couple of other things such as:
- The fact that I cannot write a decent post
- The fact that my previous posts were next-level trash
- The messiness of my blog
- I keep updating my ABOUT page every week?
- I cannot write proper reviews?
- My terrible graphic designing
- I can’t seem to follow a proper schedule?
- My lame attempts at appearing funny?
- And my name
The last one because – you shall all now know me by the name Anoushka (because why not?) and mind that ‘o’, would you? *glances at dagger, looks back at the audience. grins* so spell my name with an ‘o’, okay? I’m going to change my name everywhere – goodreads, wordpress, and netgalley.
And my site name is also now changed from Embers of Eleanor to ‘Dipped in Ink’ because the old name was… random? It wasn’t really related to the topic? Yeah, and I like the new one better.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT AND NEW AND NOT-SO-BORING?
How is Dipped in Ink different from Embers of Eleanor?
Well, for starters:
- It shall have better posts (*clears throat* points for effort)
- Better graphics (*clears throat again* definitely better)
- Reviews in which I state a clear opinion (honestly -)
- Better attempts at appearing funny (in my dreams-)
- Shorter post introductions (yeah. right)
- Bullet point lists, because everyone loves that
- Better content posted with a proper schedule (I will most definitely NOT tinker about with the calendar on wordpress)
But, hey, a lot is still the same, such as:
- I can’t transform overnight, so I am the same person with the same personality
- I still don’t have magic
- I still haven’t gotten a Hogwarts acceptance letter
- I am still very much obsessed with books and hope to be for the rest of my life, thank you very much
- My attempts at being funny are still going to be lame
- My ever-present overuse of exclamation marks (because I cannot live without them)
- And this blog is still having the same fun bookish content! Though much improved. I hope.
Now, about that schedule. It goes something like this at the moment:
- Saturdays – Book Reviews/ Tags/ Wrap-ups
- Wednesdays – Discussions/ Bookish posts/ Recommendations
- Thursdays – Updates/ Announcements (only sometimes obviously)
And add in a surely-most-likely-subject-to-change label at the bottom and then it’s perfect.
The entire purpose of this unnecesary post – so that no one will freak out when they see the name ‘Anoushka’ or ‘Dipped in Ink’ in their emails or readers, thinking where on Earth that came from. Because I’m really kind that way. (oh, and also because I wanted someplace to ramble on about nothing in particular-) Hope you have a great day! (or evening, because it’s evening here)