It is that time of the month again that I spend all my days waiting for – the month end has arrived!
I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before (It might have come up in conversation a few time, i guess? No?) but reading Monthly Wrap Ups makes me insanely delighted and it has reached to so huge an extent that it is probably unhealthy at this point. But there’s just something about these wonderful, beautiful, untamed wild beasts the blogging community likes to lovingly refer to as Wrap-Ups that they make my mouth water, and make me jump up and down in anticipation. In short, it is – AMAZING.
Now, coming back from raving about wrap ups (i could continue on for at least 5 more centuries tho, but TIME is evil) November was… busy. Or more like I took pride in being the procrastinator I have always had the reputation of being, BUT NOVEMBER AS A MONTH IS ONE OF MY LEAST FAVORITES I do not know why, but I cannot remember November ever being more than just an average month in ALL MY LIFE.
Ahahahahaha, can we like, please not talk about this??? Offline school started and it literally stole ALL of my time (#rude) and I was too busy stalking cats, okay? So, I… I only managed to read…. only…. just…. 2 books this month. *runs away* Talk about humiliation.
City of Shattered Light by Claire Winn ★★★★☆ [4.5] – Man, this book is EVERYTHING. And Riven is my IDOL.
Since you’ve been Gone by Morgan Matson ★★★☆☆ – A pretty “meh” book overall. Nothing special, but it was still fun.
The Wolf’s Curse by Jessica Vitalis DNF @70% – I honestly loved the concept, but this just wasn’t for me?? And the characters were annoying.
Not my Problem by Ciara Smyth ★★★★★ – I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH ALL MY HEART AND IT IS ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITES EVER AND I LOVE IT, OKAY?
The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar ★★★★☆ – The South-Asian representation was EVERYTHING *dissolves in a puddle of tears*
Now, we shall talk about EXCITING STUFF. Such as, obviously, BOOKS! (ok, what?) but lots of exciting stuff happened in the past two months like:
The Library reopened – Like, actually reopened, and you can go in and everything, not just place orders for books and come collect them and then run away again. I got to see SHELF LOADS of books *faints* after months, and there might have been some screaming involved. But agh, it was DREAM LIKE, seeing the library again. I ransacked the Fantasy section.
I… got the Six of Crows duology! The Physical copies! They arrived! And I have been alternating between stroking them fondly and burrying my nose in them since then. I HAD FORGOTTEN HOW AMAZING NEW BOOKS SMELL. I think I’m going to read them this weekend, and I AM SCARED. please cross your fingers that I love them. Also, if you would like some sort of a full reading log type of post of it, TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS!
- If this gets out. I AM DYING FOR IT. GOOD BYE.
- The Midnight Girls. Sorry, I heard mentions of witches. May or may not have come running.
- Heart of the Impaler. There’s the mentions of a love-triangle (I HATE) but its also historical, and WICKED and the synopsis is intriguing, AND LENGTHENING MY TBR IS A HOBBY, OKAY?
- The Coldest Touch. Okay, see, I have something against vampires. They are disgusting and terrible, and they DRINK BLOOD (just NO) and I HATE THEM. But this…. this looks different. Plus, read this review by April.
I… went on an unannounced two week hiatus in November because of NaNoWriMo and it makes me wish I had just announced a hiatus, but obviously, I AM DUMB LIKE THAT and never think. I’ll have to say that the month was bad blogging wise too, because: 1) very few posts 2) the quality was terrible 3) TIME WASN’T AVAILABLE IN ABUNDANCE. Well, nothing new there though. Note to self: Olive needs to come up with new and more intelligent sounding excuses.
Want a new, PHENOMENAL, BREATH-TAKING, ACTION-PACKED Sci-fi novel that will leave you absolutely BREATHLESS by the end?? City of Shattered Light is the book for you! With strong female characters, vivid world-building, great sibling relationships, I TELL YOU, YOU NEED THIS BOOK IN YOUR LIFE! Still not convinced? Read this review written by yours truly.
See, people are… known to be procrastinators, okay? It comes hand in hand with the truth of being human. My very-late september wrap further proves the fact. Sorry, I have a terrible history with schedule-following.
NaNoWriMo is that time of the year when we put on our very best PJ’s and whip out a monitor and keyboard, and WRITE AT LIGHTNING SPEED, because word count is all that the world cares about. And, to do that, we obviously need a plan. Or some weird type of ensemble thereof. Here’s that ensemble of mine. In other words, I tell the world, or some little corner of it, about my new novel idea!
I return from my two-week-long hiatus with a new favorite book, plus an all over the place review in an effort to convince you to devour it too. A chaotic MC, with a life that is a mess? Side characters that will own your heart for eternity? AND THERE’S FRIENDSHIP TOO?? If you need any or all of these in your life, FEAR NOT FELLOW OLIVES, because this book has come to deliver, and I assure you, IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.
I finally do the Fantasy Reader Tag, to reclaim my title as queen, and prove my love and unending loyalty to the fantasy genre. And I also talk about Riptide. And the desperate need for the traitor’s game trilogy in all of your lives.
- Ashmita writes a post on reasons why everyone should annotate books, AND I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL EMERGE 100% CONVINCED AFTER READING IT.
- Cherry creates her very own Fictional Bucket List and it involves mentions of WITCHES.
- April creates a second part of Books as weird things she’s been told in the Drive Thru, AND IT IS HILARIOUS, AND YOU NEED IT, OKAY?
- Rachel writes a post on books she would use as weapons (based on the Shadow and Bone TV show) AND THE IDEA!! IS SO UNIQUE!!
- Ritz creates a list of Contemporary Releases of 2022, AND NOW I AM EXCITED TOO.
- Nehal writes a post – “To miss you…” and IT IS BEAUTIFUL, go read it.
- Rayna reviews the first book in the Shadow and Bone trilogy, and it IS VERY ENTERTAINING.
- Diya leaves all of us screaming delightedly with another one of her MAGNIFICENT POEMS.
- Jayati recommend us books based on songs from Red (Taylor’s Version) and IT IS BRILLIANT.
- Asic reviews We were liars AND THE FORMAT IS UNIQUE AND SO AMAZING.
- Blue does the GIF-Y love tag and THEIR ANSWERS ARE VERY FUNNY.
- Naemi writes an AMAZING discussion on unhauling books!
- Sofi reviews You’ll be the death of me, and gets me very excited for the book.
- Emily teaches an AI to write book reviews, AND YES, IT IS PURE GENIUS.
- May returns with an Am Currently Update!
- Sophie tells us about her some of her past novel ideas, AND SHE ALSO MADE BOOK COVERS ON CANVA, AND THEY LOOK GORGEOUS!!
- Caro creates a list of 8 books about writers and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
- Marie reviews If this gets out, AND AGGGHH, THE FORMAT IS AMAZING!
- Kaya reviews These Violent Delights and gets me excited all over again!
- Phoenix @ Books with Wings introduces a new page on her blog where you can recommend your favorite book blogs!
- Betty creates a NEW, AMAZING, UNIQUE series of posts for Blogmas, Santosphere!!!
SOMETHING VERY WILD HAPPENED, AND I WAS SO HAPPY, I WAS SMILING LIKE A MANIAC. Ok, so, see:
Ahem. CIARA SMYTH FREAKING REPLIED TO MY POST!!!!! Like, THE Ciara Smyth! *faints*
And then obviously, I turned into an over-excited little olive and typed back some lame reply. BUT CIARA SMYTH!!! *continues screaming for eternity* I am not okay. I don’t think I’ll ever be. *cries* *explodes because too many emotions* WORDS do not make sense anymore.
AND that is not all. Look at this:
I am sorry, but this is going to be a random jumble of my thoughts on life at the moment, because i really cannot form sensible thoughts on the last two months. its been a whirlwind and i am tired.
- i hate offline school
- i want to go back to the beginning of the year, and am not at all ready for 2022
- i want to read more but NO TIME
- *cries some more*
- libraries are amazing, and i want to live in one
- the promise of winter break is the only thing keeping me sane
- i want a pet dragon which i can ride and we will burn down the world together
- i want to reread not my problem
- i lost nanowrimo and im sad
- cats hate me, and they’re very evil like that
- gimme more olives
- weekends are the world’s most amazing creation
- i want to go to india
- im very behind on everything
How was November for you??? Tell me your favorite reads of the month!! Did you participate in NaNoWriMo?? AND WHAT WORD COUNT DID YOU REACH?? Do you like OLIVES?? What are some books you’re really excited to read in december?? Thoughts on the year end, please?