i shall forever begrudge the simple fact that we don’t currently live in a world ruled by chocolate.
because then we wouldn’t forever be insearch of incredible stuff since it’d technically be handed out on a silver chocolate-made platter. LIFE WOULD BE PERFECT.
(except maybe for the time when we’d wish said universe would have been better off ruled by me instead, BUT SHH. we’re talking about chocolate currently)
january was a slightly ridiculous month wherein the world didn’t allow me to conquer it and the dragons in my backyard decided to burn it down as revenge.
Continue reading “january inked on paper || the perfect bookworm life would be one where all we did was eat books and sleep. WITH CERTAIN CHOCOLATE-FLAVORED OVERLOADS because chocolate is important for survival DARN YOU. (welcome to my world)” →
“Sometimes if you tell yourself enough times that something the world believes to be a lie, IS ACTUALLY THE TRUTH, then perhaps you shall end up believing it. But you must remind yourself enough times obviously. THAT IS KEY.”
At least, that’s what they say. And I kind of hate them (better known as ‘people with weird sayings that are obviously lies because they also contradict other people with weird sayings, which is MAYBE the way this world works? BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ME OKAY #genius) so today we shall try out aforementioned saying that is staring you down at this very second in HUGE BLACK LETTERS DEMANING ATTENTION (look above, folks)
Continue reading “April Inked on Paper || Wherein dragons scream, I devour words and slowly reclaim my title as bookworm extraordinaire (i’ve been living in heaven basically. DON’T SCREAM)” →
In a very unexpected turn of events, January ended up being pretty amazing.
I mean what do you call:
Continue reading “January Inked on Paper || Tears, olives and the raven boys” →
- Getting back into Fantasy and devouring them ALL
- FINDING A NEW FAVORITE AND SCREAMING ABOUT IT (we’re talking about the raven boys, if you had not guessed that already)
- It rained here after 2736728292910* years of no rain (EXCITEMENT)
- Reaching 300 followers on bookstagram
- Not having to go to school because IT WAS ALL ONLINE
- Getting obsessed with the raven boys and GANSEY
- EATING SO MUCH CAKE
- Drowning in gorgeously written books
- AND DID I MENTION THE RAVEN BOYS??
There are extremely FEW reasons why the year end is a GOOD time for a bookworm.
Most of the time you can find them crying in dark corners and complaining about unread releases to dusty curtains and also attempting to conquer TBRs despite all the efforts made of convincing them to do the contrary. However, since we are trying to be oPtIMiStIc here, some reasons why bookworms can be happy creatures even during year ends:
Continue reading “2021 Wrapped Up in Books || Stats + Pie Charts + I steal some questions and answer them + Some excited screaming because isn’t that what i do??” →
I think it’s a well-known fact at this point that this blog is a place where we discuss all the reasons PEOPLE SHOULD NOT READ.
I did that one post about all the reasons bookworms are major threats to the world a long time ago and have also been suspected of providing tips for murdering TBR’s. And today we are talking about all the dangers of reading. I am seriously re-considering (and possibly crying over) all my life decisions at this point, most of which happen to involve creating inhumanely huge TBR stacks, buying bucketloads of books instead of more chocolates, and spending hours in a library each weekend, while simultaneously having an existential crisis. I don’t understand this world.
Continue reading “How books can mess with your mind || The dangers of reading a good book: A comprehensive list” →
It is that time of the month again that I spend all my days waiting for – the month end has arrived!
I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before (It might have come up in conversation a few time, i guess? No?) but reading Monthly Wrap Ups makes me insanely delighted and it has reached to so huge an extent that it is probably unhealthy at this point. But there’s just something about these wonderful, beautiful, untamed wild beasts the blogging community likes to lovingly refer to as Wrap-Ups that they make my mouth water, and make me jump up and down in anticipation. In short, it is – AMAZING.
Continue reading “October + November Inked on Paper || Stalking cats, losing NaNo (oops), reading practically non-existent, and me just being an evil little olive” →
Let me tell you a soul – crushing secret.
The year has flown past and you haven’t even yet noticed. Only a month left, and then 2022 will be upon you, quietly watching as you throw yourself unwillingly into it, mourning the loss of the past year. (and, obviously, all these rules do not apply to me, because I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLIVE POPULATION, and time works differently like that)
Continue reading “Books I HAVE to read before the end of 2021 or suffer the dire consequences that come in the form of threats from the bookworm community || My TBR for the LAST (!!!) month of this unglorious year + ~ eXPeCtAtiONs ~” →
So. Some of you little olives might be wondering where I’d disappeared to.
Or maybe not because you don’t care enough *sobs* THE BETRAYAL!!! THE BETRAYAL! But I like to assume someone still cares someone? anyone? no? *continues sobbing* SO RUDE, and so I come prepared to answer you with… um… excuses?
Continue reading “[Book Review]: Not my Problem || Sorry for the long absence, but I AM BACK!!! and I bring along a new favorite. And also desperately in need of a SEQUEL??!!” →
- NaNoWriMo! I’m humiliatingly behind on my word count goal, but IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN! And what can I say, I’ve been busy writing or the lack thereof. shhh, you do not give away my secrets like that and blogging has been pushed back, back, back, to the very back of the dusty dark little cupboard filled to the brim with human eating spiders. We’ll leave it at that.
- Exams! And school! With offline school starting and exams taking over my existence, it has been BUSY, but exams are now over *cheers* studying is forgotten until the end of the year when we shall all start stressing over undone biology assignments together, and BASICALLY I’M BACK HERE FILLED WITH SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.
- I’ve been reading! After terrible reading months of 2 books *runs away* I’ve been trying to make some time to read because I do not like being humiliated like that. And it’s actually been going pretty good! And that brings us to the main reason of writing this post (apart from telling you how disappointed I am that no one missed me, obviously) I HAVE FOUND A NEW FAVORITE BOOK TO CONTINUE MY OBSESSION OVER AND TORTURE PEOPLE INTO READING! Welcome the one and only – Not my Problem by Ciara Smyth! (READ IT)