“Sometimes if you tell yourself enough times that something the world believes to be a lie, IS ACTUALLY THE TRUTH, then perhaps you shall end up believing it. But you must remind yourself enough times obviously. THAT IS KEY.”
At least, that’s what they say. And I kind of hate them (better known as ‘people with weird sayings that are obviously lies because they also contradict other people with weird sayings, which is MAYBE the way this world works? BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ME OKAY #genius) so today we shall try out aforementioned saying that is staring you down at this very second in HUGE BLACK LETTERS DEMANING ATTENTION (look above, folks)
Continue reading “April Inked on Paper || Wherein dragons scream, I devour words and slowly reclaim my title as bookworm extraordinaire (i’ve been living in heaven basically. DON’T SCREAM)”
Today’s post is going to feature: 1) a very special bookworm 2) the many differences between soup and cereal.
And other things too obviously, but these are the HIGHLIGHTS.
So, about that special bookworm we were talking about? YES. I SHALL COME TO THAT. Patience, my olives, PATIENCE! We first need to talk about how I have successfully regained my title as the Queen of Fantasy by unapologetically gobbling up all the fantasy books in sight. OH AND ALSO MY NEW-FOUND OBSESSION WITH GANSEY IS WORTH MENTIONING (but I think I have already screamed about the raven boys here, SO THAT SHALL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I HAVE ENOUGH SENSE TO WRITE A REVIEW) and O K A Y, I think it’s pretty obvious that my attempts at creating suspense are on the verge of miserable failure and since I have ALSO ran out of things to say (I MEAN WE COULD ALWAYS SCREAM ABOUT THE RAVEN BOYS SOME MORE but you probably do not want that) we shall begin.
Continue reading “The Know Your Buddy Tag || Secrets, surprises and a very special bookworm”
There are extremely FEW reasons why the year end is a GOOD time for a bookworm.
Most of the time you can find them crying in dark corners and complaining about unread releases to dusty curtains and also attempting to conquer TBRs despite all the efforts made of convincing them to do the contrary. However, since we are trying to be oPtIMiStIc here, some reasons why bookworms can be happy creatures even during year ends:
Continue reading “2021 Wrapped Up in Books || Stats + Pie Charts + I steal some questions and answer them + Some excited screaming because isn’t that what i do??”
I think it’s a well-known fact at this point that this blog is a place where we discuss all the reasons PEOPLE SHOULD NOT READ.
I did that one post about all the reasons bookworms are major threats to the world a long time ago and have also been suspected of providing tips for murdering TBR’s. And today we are talking about all the dangers of reading. I am seriously re-considering (and possibly crying over) all my life decisions at this point, most of which happen to involve creating inhumanely huge TBR stacks, buying bucketloads of books instead of more chocolates, and spending hours in a library each weekend, while simultaneously having an existential crisis. I don’t understand this world.
Continue reading “How books can mess with your mind || The dangers of reading a good book: A comprehensive list”
Let me tell you a soul – crushing secret.
The year has flown past and you haven’t even yet noticed. Only a month left, and then 2022 will be upon you, quietly watching as you throw yourself unwillingly into it, mourning the loss of the past year. (and, obviously, all these rules do not apply to me, because I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLIVE POPULATION, and time works differently like that)
Continue reading “Books I HAVE to read before the end of 2021 or suffer the dire consequences that come in the form of threats from the bookworm community || My TBR for the LAST (!!!) month of this unglorious year + ~ eXPeCtAtiONs ~”
So. Some of you little olives might be wondering where I’d disappeared to.
Or maybe not because you don’t care enough *sobs* THE BETRAYAL!!! THE BETRAYAL! But I like to assume someone still cares someone? anyone? no? *continues sobbing* SO RUDE, and so I come prepared to answer you with… um… excuses?
Continue reading “[Book Review]: Not my Problem || Sorry for the long absence, but I AM BACK!!! and I bring along a new favorite. And also desperately in need of a SEQUEL??!!”
- NaNoWriMo! I’m humiliatingly behind on my word count goal, but IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN! And what can I say, I’ve been busy writing or the lack thereof. shhh, you do not give away my secrets like that and blogging has been pushed back, back, back, to the very back of the dusty dark little cupboard filled to the brim with human eating spiders. We’ll leave it at that.
- Exams! And school! With offline school starting and exams taking over my existence, it has been BUSY, but exams are now over *cheers* studying is forgotten until the end of the year when we shall all start stressing over undone biology assignments together, and BASICALLY I’M BACK HERE FILLED WITH SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.
- I’ve been reading! After terrible reading months of 2 books *runs away* I’ve been trying to make some time to read because I do not like being humiliated like that. And it’s actually been going pretty good! And that brings us to the main reason of writing this post (apart from telling you how disappointed I am that no one missed me, obviously) I HAVE FOUND A NEW FAVORITE BOOK TO CONTINUE MY OBSESSION OVER AND TORTURE PEOPLE INTO READING! Welcome the one and only – Not my Problem by Ciara Smyth! (READ IT)
I TRULY WONDER…
How DO people stick to schedules?* I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRETS, because it would be really helpful for many things such as:
Continue reading “September Inked on Paper || late wrap – ups are my tradition, okay?! And I was busy”
- writing monthly recaps on time (seriously, this one is SO on time, I am the most punctual human on Earth, I can’t even – WHY. IS. THIS. SO. LATE???)
- reading ARC’s before they expire
- reading library books before they have to be returned (WHY DO I HAVE TO RETURN THEM AT ALL?? this is such an unfair world)
- STAYING ON TRACK WITH YOUR GOODREADS CHALLENGE
- Going to bed early so that you do not accidentaly doze off while you’re supossed to be learning about cell structures
- not studying for tests 5 minutes before class because YOU FORGOT
- not forgetting to breathe because ugh, I need to live
- publishing blog posts on time
- not losing memory
You know how everyone hates the classics they make us read in English classes at school?
Because I am absolutely jobless, I’ve been thinking about that a lot these past couple of days. And I have arrived at the reason they do that, or at least, the reason I think they do it. So, lo behold (is that the way you say it? Honestly, I am absolutely clueless) the answer to why schools like to make people hate reading for all of eternity –
Continue reading “Why bookworms are a threat to society? || Why the bookworm community is being kept from overpopulation??”