“Sometimes if you tell yourself enough times that something the world believes to be a lie, IS ACTUALLY THE TRUTH, then perhaps you shall end up believing it. But you must remind yourself enough times obviously. THAT IS KEY.”
At least, that’s what they say. And I kind of hate them (better known as ‘people with weird sayings that are obviously lies because they also contradict other people with weird sayings, which is MAYBE the way this world works? BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ME OKAY #genius) so today we shall try out aforementioned saying that is staring you down at this very second in HUGE BLACK LETTERS DEMANING ATTENTION (look above, folks)
Continue reading “April Inked on Paper || Wherein dragons scream, I devour words and slowly reclaim my title as bookworm extraordinaire (i’ve been living in heaven basically. DON’T SCREAM)”
In a very unexpected turn of events, January ended up being pretty amazing.
I mean what do you call:
Continue reading “January Inked on Paper || Tears, olives and the raven boys”
- Getting back into Fantasy and devouring them ALL
- FINDING A NEW FAVORITE AND SCREAMING ABOUT IT (we’re talking about the raven boys, if you had not guessed that already)
- It rained here after 2736728292910* years of no rain (EXCITEMENT)
- Reaching 300 followers on bookstagram
- Not having to go to school because IT WAS ALL ONLINE
- Getting obsessed with the raven boys and GANSEY
- EATING SO MUCH CAKE
- Drowning in gorgeously written books
- AND DID I MENTION THE RAVEN BOYS??
There are extremely FEW reasons why the year end is a GOOD time for a bookworm.
Most of the time you can find them crying in dark corners and complaining about unread releases to dusty curtains and also attempting to conquer TBRs despite all the efforts made of convincing them to do the contrary. However, since we are trying to be oPtIMiStIc here, some reasons why bookworms can be happy creatures even during year ends:
Continue reading “2021 Wrapped Up in Books || Stats + Pie Charts + I steal some questions and answer them + Some excited screaming because isn’t that what i do??”
I think it’s a well-known fact at this point that this blog is a place where we discuss all the reasons PEOPLE SHOULD NOT READ.
I did that one post about all the reasons bookworms are major threats to the world a long time ago and have also been suspected of providing tips for murdering TBR’s. And today we are talking about all the dangers of reading. I am seriously re-considering (and possibly crying over) all my life decisions at this point, most of which happen to involve creating inhumanely huge TBR stacks, buying bucketloads of books instead of more chocolates, and spending hours in a library each weekend, while simultaneously having an existential crisis. I don’t understand this world.
Continue reading “How books can mess with your mind || The dangers of reading a good book: A comprehensive list”
It is that time of the month again that I spend all my days waiting for – the month end has arrived!
I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before (It might have come up in conversation a few time, i guess? No?) but reading Monthly Wrap Ups makes me insanely delighted and it has reached to so huge an extent that it is probably unhealthy at this point. But there’s just something about these wonderful, beautiful, untamed wild beasts the blogging community likes to lovingly refer to as Wrap-Ups that they make my mouth water, and make me jump up and down in anticipation. In short, it is – AMAZING.
Continue reading “October + November Inked on Paper || Stalking cats, losing NaNo (oops), reading practically non-existent, and me just being an evil little olive”
Let me tell you a soul – crushing secret.
The year has flown past and you haven’t even yet noticed. Only a month left, and then 2022 will be upon you, quietly watching as you throw yourself unwillingly into it, mourning the loss of the past year. (and, obviously, all these rules do not apply to me, because I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLIVE POPULATION, and time works differently like that)
Continue reading “Books I HAVE to read before the end of 2021 or suffer the dire consequences that come in the form of threats from the bookworm community || My TBR for the LAST (!!!) month of this unglorious year + ~ eXPeCtAtiONs ~”
I TRULY WONDER…
How DO people stick to schedules?* I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRETS, because it would be really helpful for many things such as:
Continue reading “September Inked on Paper || late wrap – ups are my tradition, okay?! And I was busy”
- writing monthly recaps on time (seriously, this one is SO on time, I am the most punctual human on Earth, I can’t even – WHY. IS. THIS. SO. LATE???)
- reading ARC’s before they expire
- reading library books before they have to be returned (WHY DO I HAVE TO RETURN THEM AT ALL?? this is such an unfair world)
- STAYING ON TRACK WITH YOUR GOODREADS CHALLENGE
- Going to bed early so that you do not accidentaly doze off while you’re supossed to be learning about cell structures
- not studying for tests 5 minutes before class because YOU FORGOT
- not forgetting to breathe because ugh, I need to live
- publishing blog posts on time
- not losing memory