I TRULY WONDER…
How DO people stick to schedules?* I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRETS, because it would be really helpful for many things such as:
- writing monthly recaps on time (seriously, this one is SO on time, I am the most punctual human on Earth, I can’t even – WHY. IS. THIS. SO. LATE???)
- reading ARC’s before they expire
- reading library books before they have to be returned (WHY DO I HAVE TO RETURN THEM AT ALL?? this is such an unfair world)
- STAYING ON TRACK WITH YOUR GOODREADS CHALLENGE
- Going to bed early so that you do not accidentaly doze off while you’re supossed to be learning about cell structures
- not studying for tests 5 minutes before class because YOU FORGOT
- not forgetting to breathe because ugh, I need to live
- publishing blog posts on time
- not losing memory
yeah, well, a short list. BUT we should stop here I could continue tho because ~time~ is precious. or so people seem to believe.
*aren’t schedules a form of procrastination made to help you feel better about yourself and then meant to be forgotten until after the deadlines have long been left behind? And lots of screaming and screeching and crying have all occurred too?
Do not talk to me about reading. I know that is basically the purpose of this blog, but MY READING MONTH HAS BEEN TERRIBLE, I do not want to talk about it. I only read three books, and I haven’t completed even a single book this month even though half the month is over?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME UGH
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer ★★★★☆ – ahem. what would you say if I told you that levana is my new favorite character and I love her more than cinder and scarlet combined?
- On the Fence by Kasie West ★★★☆ ☆ – ehhh, nice idea and easy to read, but… not the best kasie west novel and I am also just not in the contemporary mood (stop reminding me that summer is over and I wont have it back for sooooooooooooo long, okay?)
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes ★★★★☆ – what can I say? I just love clever protagonists who can solve complicated riddles. i do not remember mysteries being so good
But quality wise my reading month was GOOD! Can you see those two shining four star ratings? NICE
I actually have something useful to put in here for once in my entire blogging life?
We reached 50 followers!! Agh, I am SO HAPPY, I – Just, thank you so, so, so much! This means a lot to me, and THANK YOU! I am smiling and I look like a lunatic and does anyone else think smiling emojis have really creepy eyes like it’s going to come murder you or something?? just asking, don’t look at me like that
Also here’s a poll for what kinds of posts you want more of, because right now I’m confused and I have so many ideas and I do not know what to do, so help is greatly appreciated. (also, I learnt how to add polls in posts! YASS, MY LIFE IS A SUCCESS)
I made a bookstagram account somewhere near mid-september and posted 4 times and then forgot about it?? Like I didn’t really forget but uh, ~motivation~. I actually also took a photo after so long what is wrong with me?? Four years ago I used to be this photography obsessed little human and then I started hating it and now… I don’t know, I still don’t like it much, but its O.K.A.Y. Basically Bookstagram is really different from what I thought it would be and well, ill try better next month (ahem. this is october. I believe that is the supossed next month we’re talking about here?) maybe. anyway, here’s the link to my account and leave me your accounts/usernames/handles/whatever-you-call-it in the comments. and TIPS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU
Blog hopping has been terrible I am still VERRRRRY behind on all the posts in my reader. I’m sorry. I’ve been trying. Ah well. I also need to stop filling in so many blog tour forms because apparently you get ACCEPTED for blog tours, who even knew? My netgalley is a mess. so many books are about to expire and agh, why did I have to request so many??
AND I AM ALSO BEHIND ON MY GOODREADS CHALLENGE. again. why does it feel like most of this year has just been me stressing over the fact that I am ALWAYS behind on my challenge?? I reduced the number half way through the year but I am still behind??
August Wrap Up – looking back, I think this was unnecessarily long and I am going to reduce the size and content of my future –and present- wrap ups because no one likes overly long posts, right?)
Why Bookworms are a threat to Society – THIS WAS SUCH FUN, I WANT TO WRITE IT ALL OVER AGAIN. Also this was like the first post that I did not completely change start to finish before publishing?? I AM HAPPY
The Inheritance Games Book Review – lets just say it’s a good thing I finally managed to review a book I read and ignore the quality of said review, shall we?
I had hopes. and those hopes did not include posting only three times but ah well, three is better than two. or one. or none at all. yeah, that was uplifting. Definitely.
POSTS I LOVED
- Sophie @ Me and Ink talks about whether her reviews are worth following, and all her points literally speak to me!
- April @ Booked till Midnight reviews The Other Merlin, and NOW I AM EXCITED
- Andrea @ Andrea’s Book Corner talks about 5 Bookish Things everyone loves, and I AGREE SO MUCH
- Nehal @ Quirky Pages shares some poems she wrote, and DID I EVER MENTION THAT THEY ARE PURE GOLD??
- Pannaga @ State of Craze shares this piece she wrote and it is SO BEAUTIFUL, GO READ IT, PLEASE
- Cherry @ Letters to the Lost shares reasons why We Hunt the Flames is so gorgeous and amazing, and I. NEED. TO. READ. IT.
- Rachel @ A Bookworm’s Paradise shares We Hunt the Flames Quotes as real life moments and THE IDEA IS SO UNIQUE!
- J @ Midnight Book Blog reviews Iron Widow and I DESPERATELY NEED TO READ THE BOOK
- Saima @ Stories with Saima reviews Wendy, Darling, and their reviews are always so amazing!
- Jayathi @ It’s just a coffee addicted Bibliophile review It all comes back to you, and I cannot wait for this book!
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Panaga @ State of Craze releases the first issue of her magazine, The Lost Letters, and it is all SO GORGEOUS, I LOVE IT! Also there’s my poem too in there so. Here’s the link to her post.
- Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal celebrates her 1 year blogiversary AND HER BLOG IS SO GORGEOUS
- Andrea @ Andrea’s Book Corner tells us about Camp NaNoWriMo and it was so helpful
- J @ Midnight Book Blog shares some tips and tricks on writing reviews, and I desperately needed it, okay
- It was my birthday on the 29th and it was fun. There was food and food is heaven so. AND I’M ALSO GETTING THE SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY BUT IT ISN’T DELIEVERED YET, BUT MY BRAIN IS AN INCH AWAY FROM COMBUSTION DUE TO OVER EXCITEMENT. Send help.
- I’ve been watching lots of kids comedy shows because I love laughing, okay. I am currently watching Alexa and Katie, and I AM OBSESSED.
- I’ve been debating whether to partcipate in NaNoWriMo since MONTHS now, and I think I will this year? Because otherwise the next time I’ll actually write anything will be in the summer vacations of 2022 and that is very faaar away. But that said, I also have exams in November, and this is going to be difficult and I don’t know if I’ll actually be able to write so much, and I am scared, so please send some good luck my way? THANKS!
- I had exams and they actually went well? I did not think they would, but they did, I am happy
- Agh, I can never remember what happened in this thing people like to refer to as “life” whenever I am thinking up stuff for my “life snippets” section.
- Write my reviews (obviously though, no pressure. No pressure at all) ❌ reviews have taken to haunting my life recently. RUDE CREATURES OF THE UNIVERSE
- Better quality posts❌✅I don’t know. I like my why bookworms are a threat to society post, but the rest were just ehh-
- Read 5 books? ❌ Can you stop humiliating me like that?
- At least 2 of them should be ARCs ❌
- Prepare for exams (which also means STOP PROCRASTINATING!) ✅ I mean I got good marks, so?
- Stop putting off commenting on people’s posts, because it’s rude ❌ I am sorry, okay?
- STOP FORGETTING EVERYTHING! ❌ I cannot give up my personality! Who created this goal??
- Time management! Which involves sticking to my blogging schedule and completing homework. and not at midnight because i forgot! ❌ I FORGOT
- Get started with school assignments. And finish them too? Please?✅ How else do you think I am still alive and breathing and over here?
- Work on my novel ❌ I WISH. DOES THINKING ABOUT IT COUNT? Because I did some small teensy little bit of that
- Have some fun ❌✅ kind of. but not really
- While eating olives ❌ I ate very few olives?? what kind of month was this?
- Because it’s also my birthday month! ✅ See, this is why I call myself a genius. state the obvious and make them goals. it is so simple to feel proud of yourself that way, stupid little human over there
- better quality posts (I am serious, okay!)
- Write my reviews (atleast 5)
- NETGALLEY IS BANNED
- Start outlining my NaNo Novel
- Read 9 books (I AM FALLING VERY BEHIND ON MY GOODREADS CHALLENGE. AGAIN)
- Stick to my posting schedule
I swear, I had this drafted like two weeks ago, but only now did I get the time to sit down and edit this?? LATE MONTHLY WRAP UPS ARE MY TRADITION, what can I say? Anyway, how was your September? How many books did you read?? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo?? If yes, tell me about your novels! Any plans for October? How has life been treating you in general? Any posts you’d like to see more of??